Pancakes – The Fun Way
February 2, 2017
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day and if this phrase was all it took to get our kids to eat let alone finish their breakfast, life would be a lot easier. For that reason here is a pancake recipe assured to leave your kids licking the plate.
INGREDIENTS (makes roughly 4-6 pancakes)
• 100gm Self-rising Flour
• 2 – 3 kienyeji eggs
• 300ml Milk
• Sugar (add to taste)
• 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
• ½ Teaspoon of cinnamon powder or more depending on how you like cinnamon
• A scope of Ice cream
• Half a carrot – grated
DISCLAIMER: This recipe might not be suitable for anyone with a protein allergy. Ensure to first consult your doctor.
STEP BY STEP PROCESS:
1) Mix the self-rising flour, sugar and cinnamon powder into a bowl to form your dry mix.
2) Mix the eggs, milk, and vanilla essence into a separate bowl to form your liquid mix.
3) Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mix stirring regularly until you have a nice smooth paste to form your pancake batter.
4) Heat your pan and add two table spoons of cooking oil. Swirl the cooking oil round the pan until the pan is hot enough to cook the pancakes.
5) Lower the heat to the minimum so that the pancakes don’t cook just on the outside. Pour out any excess oil into a separate bowl and add a portion of your pancake batter to cook.
6) Let the pancake batter cook until it starts to bubble on upper side or is golden brown on the bottom then flip it to cook the top.
7) Once both sides are golden brown remove the pancake and place it on a plate to cool.
8) Repeat steps 4 – 7 until all the pancake batter has been cooked.
9) Remember to let the pancakes cool before serving them.
10) Place the pancake on a plate and add a scope of ice cream in the centre. For younger kids, or kids who are unable to take cold foods you can wait for the ice cream to melt and use it like a sauce/syrup for the pancakes.
11) You can also add some diced strawberries or grated carrots to the top to make it more colourful and tastier.
Did you enjoy our recipe? Let us know what you thought by leaving a comment below. Feel free to also send us photos of your end result.